Re: Freescale iMX53 Quick Start board

On Aug 9, 2011, at 16:21, Phil Endecott wrote:

> Jeremiah Foster <jeremiah <at> jeremiahfoster.com> writes:
>> Sure. Here's a link: http://jeremiahfoster.com/trimslice/
>
> Right, so that's a half-size SATA SSD (JEDEC MO-297).  Nice that they're using a
> standard form-factor with a connector.  Would a full-size 2.5" drive fit?  It
> looks like it might hit the USB connector.

I'm almost certain it wouldn't fit. I put one up next to the board and it overlaps the ethernet port and the usb ports.

> Can you tell us what hdparm -T and hdparm -t report?

$ sudo hdparm -t /dev/sda
/dev/sda:
 Timing buffered disk reads:   66 MB in  3.05 seconds =  21.65 MB/sec

$ sudo hdparm -T /dev/sda
/dev/sda:
 Timing cached reads:   442 MB in  2.00 seconds = 220.73 MB/sec

> (What's the story with the case?)

heh. Just a couple pieces of plexiglass with "TrimSlice" etched into it. The production cases are different.

Regards,

Jeremiah