Re: Anybody have a fw_env.config file for Sheeva Plug et al? use with uboot-envtools package?

On 06/25/2011 06:18 PM, Clint Adams wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 04:14:30PM -0400, Rick Thomas wrote:
>> It does list a bunch of example files in
>> 	/etc/share/doc/uboot-envtools/examples/
>> but it doesn't say which one (if any) of them are good
>> for use with the SheevaPlug (or any of it's relatives).
>>
>> Can anybody give me a clue?
>
> If you're using mainline or the Debian U-Boot, this line
> should work:
>
> /dev/mtd0               0x60000         0x20000         0x20000
>
> If you're using one of the wonky Marvell forks, it might be this:
>
> /dev/mtd0              0xa0000         0x20000         0x20000
>
> If it's neither, you can either find the source of your U-Boot
> version or search through the contents of NAND to find the correct
> offsets.

if searching through the NAND is a reasonable way to solve this problem
(i think it is, at least for some NAND layouts), perhaps it would be
good to have a tool that knows how to do this automatically.

I don't have the time to work on a new tool like this, but i don't think
it would be a huge project.  Anyone looking to cut their teeth on this
kind of stuff might consider doing this.

Is there a particular RFE-tracker (or a wiki page of "missing pieces",
etc) that this task could go on until someone picks it up to do it?

maybe it should be filed as a wishlist bug against uboot-envtools?

	--dkg

    --dkg