Re: Upgrading u-boot on Sheevaplug

On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 01:15:31PM -0400, Rick Thomas wrote:
> Under what circumstances would one need/want the Debian u-boot package?

The Debian package tracks mainline ( http://www.denx.de/wiki/U-Boot )
with an added patchset.  It tends to support more devices and filesystems
and versions of Linux than the u-boot binaries you might find on a random
web page or that an OEM has shipped with a device.

> How can I find out the differences between the various versions?

diff, if you can find the source to the non-mainline versions.