Re: Anyone here made a "TV computer"?

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 12:31 AM, Phil Endecott
<spam_from_debian_arm@chezphil.org> wrote:
> Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl <at> lkcl.net> writes:
>>  .... *click*.  seven.  phil... i just remembered.  i got the perfect
>> system for you :)
>>
>>  http://imxcommunity.org/group/imx53quickstartboard
>>
>>  "The first in the series, the i.MX53 Quick Start board is a $149 open
>> source development platform. Integrated with an ARM® CortexTM-A8 1 GHz
>> processor, the Quick Start board includes a display controller,
>> hardware-accelerated graphics, 1080p video decode"
>
> Luke you're quite right, that looks like a great board.  And it's actually
> available!  Thanks!

  ok couldn't quite find the right message so just replying to this
one: i spoke to my contact at freescale, he says that yes it _is_
available from mouser, digikey, freescale themselves and others - it's
just in quite high demand, and the lead time is approximately 7 weeks
at the moment.  so that roughly corresponds (right now) with the date
you saw on the web site, 30th may, phil.

 but yes - order one now, get one in 7 weeks.  popular little buggers
:)  same price as the beagleboard-xm, but has 1gb RAM instead of
512mb.

 l.