Re: Debian ARM architectures and subarchitectures

Hi Loïc,

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 09:26:28PM +0200, Loïc Minier wrote:
>  I'm not familiar with MX50; do you two expect some new interesting
>  systems to use this chip?  Would they be relevant for Debian? (or
>  vice-versa  :-)
The freescale website tells:
The i.MX508 processor is the first system-on-chip (SoC) designed
specifically for eReaders that incorporates a high performance 800MHz
ARM Cortex™-A8 processor and an integrated E Ink® display controller,
certified by E Ink to drive the newest and next generation Vizplex™
panels. The i.MX508 enables reduced system cost, longer battery life and
higher performance for faster page flips and a better reading
experience.

See
http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=i.MX508
for the full webpage.

(And yes, I'm aware this doesn't really answers your question :-)

Best regards
Uwe