Re: Suggestions for a SheevaPlug replacement

Well the TS-119 is great, but David said:

>> I'm very intrigued by the new Dreamplug, which looks ideal.
>> Unfortunately it's not cost effective. Here in the UK it would cost 160
>> pounds (including JTAG module so I get a console), and I can buy a Revo
>> R3700 mini-PC for only 180, and that's got 2GB RAM, a dual-core D525
>> Atom processor, 160GB HDD, etc. I don't want to switch away from ARM but
>> I've got to be realistic.

My TS-119 cost me £331.81 including its disk...

David, if you want to be "realistic", you'll find that in almost all cases small
size, ARM, and even low performance are things that you should expect to pay a
premium for.  For fun you can try to factor in the reduction in your electricity
bill, but normally the small x86 (i.e. Atom) box will still be cheaper.

Regards,  Phil.