Re: Debian on ebook-readers with sipix display

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 09:56:08PM +0100, Heiko Stübner wrote:
> Apart from this call for help, what is the best way to get a fresh debian on
> such a device? From what I read there seem to  be ways to use D-I for this but
> I'm not sure on how to do this.

There are all sorts of dodgy chroot and manual install methods you can use,
but porting d-i isn't insanely difficult.  I've got a writeup of what I had
to do to get d-i running on the D-Link DNS-323:

http://hezmatt.org/~mpalmer/blog/general/porting_d-i_to_the_dns_323.html

This will hopefully give you a general idea of what's required; the exact
details are, of course, device specific.

- Matt