Re: Debian on SS400-E

I agree with both Hans and JFS, They helped me get it configured and running properly. I will say do not follow the video that comes up when you search for "ss4000e debian install" it put me in a path where I could not boot without me typing commands to boot it. Debian on this device is much better as most of us have said.

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 2:35 PM, JF Straeten <jfstraeten@scarlet.be> wrote:

Re,

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 10:11:27PM +0100, H wrote:

> > I have a confusion about installing Debian on this NAS device. I'd like to do
> > that and there are instructions on the list to follow but I don't want to
> > remove the usual NAS functionality.

> I've installed Debian on my NAS and I'm very happy with it.

I agree totaly with Hans.

By removing the original firmware, you'll also remove some of the
limitations.

And if performance still sucks, at least is it a bit less.

Hih,

--

JFS.