Re: nslu2 unstable upgrade broke boot

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011, Gordon Farquharson wrote:
> The only thing I can find on the web that seems related is
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/klibc/+bug/683683

 The klibc parts of this bug were related to klibc and building in ARM
 mode or Thumb mode.  The Ubuntu toolchain in maverick and natty default
 to -mthumb, but: a) klibc wasn't safe for ARM/Thumb interworking, b)
 klibc was built with -marm in CFLAGS but with a toolchain defaulting to
 -mthumb.  A patch was applied to make klibc correctly use "bx"
 (LP #527720) and also to drop the -marm flag from the packaging
 (LP #683683).

 Since Debian has a toolchain defaulting to ARM mode and didn't
 particularly override the build flags, I don't think the fixes would
 help Debian.

 I've sent a patch to fix the computation of the size of ARM symbols for
 the syscall wrappers in klibc (Debian #618616); since this bug has been
 around for a long time, I doubt the patch would help either.

 In the bug you pointed at, Dave martin has an useful recipe to start
 debugging issues in the initrd like this one:
 https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/klibc/+bug/683683/comments/30

    Cheers,
--
Loïc Minier