Re: ARM on the ports page

On Tue, Mar 01, 2011 at 03:57:54PM +0000, Wookey wrote:
> Perhaps add that armhf matches Ubuntu and Linaro 'arm' ports, whilst
> armel in Ubuntu is not the same as armel in Debian?

Hum, that's confusing and not true in various ways.  The Ubuntu armel port
(there is no Ubuntu 'arm' port) is binary-compatible with the Debian armel
port, it is *not* binary-compatible with the armhf port; the minimum
supported hardware for armel is different between Debian and Ubuntu, but
then, this is true of the i386 port also; and Linaro doesn't have any
"ports" as it's not a distro... :)