Re: Java on ARM

On 03/02/11 19:33, Magnus Berg wrote:
> Last time I tried, I used Cacao in JIT mode to successfully run a Tomcat
> server with some apps running. It was way faster than OpenJDK's non JIT
> VM on a Qnap 219 running Debian.
>
> My Cacao is 0.99.3. The latest seems to be 0.99.4.

Okay, I did some benchmarks:

         SheevaPlug               PC
gij      5.1                      8.7
zero     7.9 (current)          170
cacao   20                       88
shark   21                        n/a
hotspot  n/a                    190 (current)

The raw data is at: http://is.gd/DHwetL

I wasn't able to test jamvm because it's not in squeeze --- a shame, as
various articles suggest it's faster than cacao. Have I missed any others?

All the VMs appear rock solid stable. A vast improvement over lenny!

shark appears to be the fastest, but in real life, cacao loads my
servlet into Winstone in about five seconds; shark takes about 45. So
I've switched to using cacao. Thanks.

│
│ "I have a mind like a steel trap. It's rusty and full of dead mice."
│ --- Anonymous, on rasfc