Re: including both GL/gl.h and cogl/cogl.h fails on armel and armhf

Le samedi 31 décembre 2011 à 00:03 +0000, peter green a écrit :
> Toonloop failed to build on the armhf buildd
> I have managed to reduce the problem to a simple testcase and mesa seems to be at fault.
> To reproduce this issue create a file called test.c with the following contents
>
> #include <stddef.h>
> #include <GL/gl.h>
> #include <cogl/cogl.h>

It is cogl which is at fault. Being built against GLES breaks basically
everything that depends on it.

> The cause appears to be cogl being built against GLES2 on arm* while
> it's built against the regular GL on everything else. Am I correct in
> thinking this is done to better support embeeded GPUs?

Yes, but so far it only works with proprietary drivers.

> Would the correct course of action be to try and patch toonloop to also
> use GLES2 on armel and armhf?

No, the best course of action is to revert the change that broke cogl on
arm. Rico, can you revert your related commits?

Thanks,
--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :