Re: Debian GNU/Linux on tablet hardware

On Friday 28 October 2011 14:33:08 Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> i can, if you prefer, use a site like "pledgebank.com" - that might
> help people to understand that i'm not asking people for a
> "committment to buy".  i'm asking people if they would be *willing* to
> commit to buying, if a certain threshold of other people also publicly
> made the exact same committment.

At the prices you are talking about I am willing to commit to buy. I have a
couple of questions though.

1- I am not clear on the design you have in mind. Personally, I have three
use-cases: router, NAS, sound server (not Media server, I don't care about
video). I don't necessarily need them all in one system. Does your design
cover these uses?

2- I presume that you are talking about committing to quantities of one or
two systems. Could you please confirm? I really just need a couple of very
low power systems that I can setup and forget!

I've had occasion to deal with people who deal with Chinese manufacturers,
but in fields far removed from electronics. What you describe does sound

The trouble with common sense is that it is so uncommon.