Re: My progress on armhf: xf86-video-msm for armhf attempt. Please test.

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 07:23:18AM +0100, Tixy wrote:
>On Tue, 2011-08-30 at 23:34 -0400, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
>> My changes were to remove -mfpu=softfp and -mthumb-interworking, since
>> as far as I can tell armhf uses -mfpu=hardfp and -mno-thumbinterworking
>> by default.
>
>Is that true? For ARMv7, interworking is essentially free and Thumb code
>would likely be faster due to its smaller memory footprint. So I would
>have thought that not only should Thumb code be catered for, but
>actively encouraged. Or am I missing something?

You're correct - we should be using Thumb as much as we can!

"Since phone messaging became popular, the young generation has lost the
 ability to read or write anything that is longer than one hundred and sixty
 characters."  -- Ignatios Souvatzis