Re: (unofficial) Debian packages for Toshiba AC100 (Tegra; armel and armhf)

On Aug 12, 2011, at 04:05, Axel Beckert wrote:
> Phil Endecott wrote:
>> Julian Andres Klode <jak <at> debian.org> writes:
>>> Installation guide (all on the device itself):
>>>
>>> 	(1) Bootstrap Debian on USB stick, SD, or eMMC
>>> 	(2) Install busybox and initramfs-tools
>>> 	(3) Set MODULES=dep in /etc/initramfs-tools/initramfs.conf
>>> 	(4) Copy /boot/bootimg.cfg to Debian and configure cmdline[*]
>>> 	(4) (bind) mount /proc and /dev
>>> 	(5) Install abootimg flash-kernel linux-image-ac100
>>
>> Thanks; I was going to ask if you could post some installation instructions.
>> Unfortunately those are a little too brief for me to grok.
>
> I must admit, they weren't sufficient for me either. Bascially I think
> there's something missing: How to get the Debian kernel and the right
> parameters flashed?

I think one has to use the Linux4Tegra tools and something called nvflash. But that is just from memory of reading various wikia and lists.

I am going to try and get Debian running on my AC100 this weekend and have a go at some documentation on installation on the Debian wiki. I've already started this: http://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Toshiba/AC100#preview
which is pretty lacking right now. :(  I hope to improve it.

Regards,

Jeremiah