vyatta on arm

Hello,

I am trying to build the vyatta router software for the armel arch. Vyatta as
you probably know is based on Debian. It's not a recompiled Debian like
Ubuntu; it has Debian packages with Vyatta specific software as extras. I am
practically done but along the way I've had some problems creating an
initramfs.

I am working on a OpenRD Ultimate on which I installed Debian following Martin
Michlmayr's instructions. I then completed the build environment for Vyatta
and made adjustments as necessary.

For some reason, in order to finally build it, I had to hard code the kernel
version in lb_chroot_hacks line 171. The original line calls update-initramfs
with -k all. Even in the chroot that command returns "Nothing to do".

This is obviously not ideal. I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out
what I am missing.

Thanks in advance.

--

Philippe

------
The trouble with common sense is that it is so uncommon.
<Anonymous>