QNAP TS-110: how to replace HDD?

Hello,

I thought that it's a common procedure to replace the HDD of a QNAP NAS. Searching the web does not reveal really exact information, including Martins site.

After partitioning the new HDD (with the same layout as before) and copying data from the old one to the new one I tried http://www.cyrius.com/journal/debian/installer-flash-kernel

But being stupid, my problem was already in the first line: "Start the Debian installer". How to start that installer?

Ok, I tried to follow the standard QNAP Debian installation guide (http://www.cyrius.com/debian/kirkwood/qnap/ts-119/install.html). That one did not like me, because getcfg was missing (an executable from the original QNAP firmware I guess). So I tried the installation guide from the TS-109. And - it was a bad day - I flashed the images of the TS-109 into my TS-110. Bad luck.

Nevertheless UBoot saved me (http://www.cyrius.com/debian/kirkwood/qnap/ts-119/uboot.html) after having a serial console attached.

I tried "recovery mode" (http://www.cyrius.com/debian/kirkwood/qnap/ts-119/recovery.html) beforehand. But that did not help me, because it is wrong that DHCP is used - correctly it should be BOOTP(?).

Long story, short questions...

- how to actually replace the HDD?