Re: nslu2 squeeze install.

On Tuesday 04 January 2011 09:36:52 Gordon Farquharson wrote:
> Hi Adam
>
> On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 16:11, Adam Ward <caysho@wa.apana.org.au> wrote:
> > Has anyone had success installing squeeze on the nslu2, via the debian-
> > armel-6.0-beta2 firmware ?
> > I keep getting the oom-killer invoked before hardware detection, so I
> > cannot configure swap.
> > See http://pastebin.com/NLZ6BMKQ for a tail of syslog.
>
> This is a known (to a select few) problem. Martin and I were playing
> around with removing installer modules to reduce the memory usage of
> the installer, but with the holidays, I haven't got round to testing a
> new version of the installer. The beta2 image of the installer doesn't
> have these changes.
>
> Gordon

I modified an image from [1] with the firmware from [2], following Martin's
instructions.
Flashing and boot to install with ssh went fine, but the issue is still
present.

Is there an ETA for this, or something a layperson can do to assist ?

[1] http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/dists/squeeze/main/installer-
armel/current/images/ixp4xx/network-console/
[2] https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ixp4xx-microcode