Sheevaplug eSata hangs after setting Mainlinelinux + arcNumber
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Sheevaplug eSata hangs after setting Mainlinelinux + arcNumber
- From: Jos van Roosmalen <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 20:32:45 +0100
- Message-id: <AANLkTi=w5_pTP2Y3gqkgKRgN3ieqHkg4hqaAYeDVyT1x@mail.gmail.com>
However my eSATA hangs on 'Booting kernel' after ONLY entering:
setenv mainlineLinux yes
setenv arcNumber 2678
I also tried the regular Sheeva arcNumber (2097) but that also hangs.
I have changed nothing more, and before modifying these parameters I started the device a couple times, and always received the Ubuntu login screen (so it was working, and passed the booting kernel).
- How to go back to factory settings? What are the factory settings for eSata for arcNumber and mainlineUnix (yeah stupid, I didn't make a printenv before starting)?
- Can this be caused by a UBoot version problem?
- At the website, Martin wrote that a Uboot upgrade is probably not needed, but advice to look into the upgrade. Martin refers to this new binary: http://www.newit.co.uk/u-boot/uboot-sata-090903.bin
. Is this a newer version, compared to my version: U-Boot 1.1.4 (Jul 14 2009 - 06:46:57) Marvell version: 3.4.16 ?
- Some other people have hangs at 'booting kernel', and then other readers ask for kernel.log. How can someone provide this when it is not booting?
- Is Kernel.log readable from U-boot.
- What is the location of kernel.log?
Any other tips?