Re: Sheevaplug installs fine, kernel hangs on first boot

On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 16:50:42 +0100, Ralph Aichinger <ralph@pangea.at>
wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I followed Michael's instructions here:
>
> http://www.cyrius.com/debian/kirkwood/sheevaplug/install.html
>
> for installing on the sheevaplug, using squeeze.
[snip]
> ## Booting image at 00800000 ...
>    Image Name:   Linux-2.6.22.18
>    Created:      2009-03-19   9:18:16 UTC
[snip]
> (there it stops and does nothing)
[snip]
> Is the kernel created 2009-03-19 the right one?

That's one old kernel, and almost certainly not the right one.  My Lenny
Sheevaplug has 2.6.32; my Squeeze Sheevaplug is currently switched off and
15 miles away so I can't check it, but I'm sure it's newer still.

Not sure what to suggest, apart from checking your steps again carefully.
I re-installed Squeeze the other day using the RC1 installer and it ran
without incident.

John