FreeStor 4020 NAS Flash-Kernel

Hi there,

I have been trying to install Debian on a Freedom9 FreeStor 4020, an Intel SS4000-E variant. All goes well until the Debian setup routine goes to copy the kernel to the flash where it errors out. I restarted the NAS and reran Debian setup in rescue mode and loaded the shell off of the drives. When I run flash-kernel script by hand I get an error that there is not enough space to copy zImage to flash. Is there any way that I can free up some space on the flash to install the zImage? It should have 8MB of flash which I would imagine is enough. Thanks so much for the help!

Jordan