Bricked Thecus N2100

OK, an update.

With a corrupt interfaces file preventing the network starting my 1st attempt was to edit /etc/network/interfaces on a different machine.  The machine did not appear on the network, but the front panel button seemed to shut it down OK.

Looking at the serial console
Redboot has never given me a login prompt!  It some times never shows up at all.

I have an LED serial port monitor, pin 3 does not always light up on power up <worry>

I have also had the following serial port message:

FLASH: Oversized device!  End addr 0xf1248000 chaged to 0xf1000000
$T050f:683c0400;0d:08de0000:#86+

Then the output died.

This suggests other issues as well.

John.