Re: [Qnap TS-210] don't boot anymore

Le jeudi 23 septembre 2010 à 05:00:20, Hai Nguyen Dang a écrit :
> Hi,

Hi, thanks for your answer,

> Just share my experience with my Terastation Pro II Rackmount
> with Debian, I got this kind of stuck at booting also and I
> tried to have serial access to debug. I found that Debian
> run the disk checks if there's something wrong with the
> rootfs partition during last boot, I just modify the "pass"
> parameter in fstab to 0, then the rackmount boot fine again
> (it took more than 1 hour for 1.5TB HDD checking).
>
> If you setup any pass parameter in fstab, just set it to 0
> (the last parameter), then try to boot it again, maybe it
> will work again.

Well, I forgot to specify it but I let the machine in its poor
state for several hours (about 3 hours the first time it
happened, and more than 12 hours the second night) and, each
time it boots, I let the hope slowly die for about half an hour.
The disks are dead quite after just a few seconds of activity.
And when I tried new installations, I only used an 8GB
partition, reformated each time.

Moreover, the fsck is done in rcS.d/S08checkroot, which does not
seem to be reached (as S02udev isn't).

> Moreover, I have some spare USB serial cable being made from
> DKU-5 Nokia one, you really need one?

Thanks a lot, that's really kind.  Actually, I can muster the
parts to make one, it's just that I have two left hands with
five thumbs and I wondered if anyone knew of a good retailer
in France or nearby to buy one which would be complete and more,
hem, let's say "good looking", than what I can make ;o)

Nevertheless, as the problem persists, I will make one, or at
least buy a converter and tweak a connector. Either way, it
should be ready in a few days.

> Hope this helps and sorry for my English.

No worse than mine.

--
 Sylvain Sauvage