Re: sheevaplug debian installer does not create uInitrd and uImage

On 01.09.2010, at 15:27, Eli Papa <elipapa@MIT.EDU> wrote:

> Before I begin though, I would ultimately like to move debian on the
> flash with UBIFS. Is there anything I should be doing at the installer
> stage (eg. reducing the number of installed packages) ?

Once you have made your first ubifs image for flashing, you will see what fits and what doesn't.

I'm not really sure if it was necessary, but before I started I changed the distro from debian to emdebian. The system uses emdebian with normal debian at a lower priority. There are a number of server packages install and the ubifs root is at around 50%.

The system boots the kernel from flash and mounts root from flash: initramfs is not being used. var, home and boot are mounted from an external device.

Cellent Finance Solutions AG

Firmensitz: Calwer Straße 33, 70173 Stuttgart
Vorstand: Thomas Wild
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Rudolf Zipf