Re: Debian on Toshiba AC100 (Tegra 250)?

On Sep 1, 2010, at 02:57, Mike B. wrote:

> Thanks for the detailed reply. However, as a newbie I couldn't follow your instructions.

It is generally easier if comments are threaded - top posting makes for harder reading. :-)

> Isn't there something like a debian net-installer for debian ARM?

Yes, there is. That is available here: http://www.debian.org/distrib/netinst
Chose the right distribution for your hardware, i.e. arm or armel.

You may however find that your particular CPU is designed differently than either of the two available distros support. This may mean that you cannot use them or that your OS is not optimized for that architecture. It also may be missing drivers for various functionality (which is why it was suggested that you contact Toshiba.)

You may also find that you cannot install onto the disk that holds your installation media and that may be your only option (in some cases.)

Installing Linux on a development board is often not as straightforward as one might hope. Often you are responsible for assembling all the pieces and documenting the process for the next person. If you post precise, detailed questions on this list however I'm certain you'll find people who can help.

Jeremiah