Re: Including linaro gcc patches

On Tuesday 20 July 2010 16:52:02 Wookey wrote:
> Doko is happy to include this stuff in the Debian GCC uploads but does
> not want to do it without being asked by the porters. So, does anyone
> see reasons why we shouldn't do this, and would anyone go further by
> sugesting patches sufficiently important and (and safe) that we should
> actually include them in the build?

+1!!!

This is very important for the (future?) port armhf, and I'm especially
interested in the hardfp patches. Right now I'm forced to use linaro or -
codesourcery 2010q1 until recently- but it would of course help immensely if I
could just use the same compiler as Debian.

FWIW, the graphite patches seem to be adding just an extra ounce of
performance so I'd include them as well -though they aren't linaro-specific,
just a backport from 4.5, but still.

Regards

Konstantinos