Re: armelfp: new architecture name for an armel variant

On 7/9/10, Martin Guy <martinwguy@gmail.com> wrote:
>    Any mistake by users trying to mix the regular armel packages and
>  the hardfloat ABI ones would just fail immediately.

Erm my mistake. *Should* fail immediately but don't.
I just ran some tests on Maverick hardfloat in a Debian armel
environment, and gcc-4.2 and 4.3 happily link -mfloat-abi=hard and
-mfloat-abi=soft objects together to give executables that return
complete rubbish.

So it looks like a new arch name is necessary to stop people mixing
the package types. :(