Re: armelfp: new architecture name for an armel variant

On Tue, Jul 06, 2010 at 10:55:25PM +0200, Loïc Minier wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 06, 2010, Joey Hess wrote:
> > Could the targeted CPU be used in the name? Ie, armelv7.

Or even just armv7. It is just a name, so it should be short and
not try to encode too much information in it.

>  I would be a bit scared that this has a chance of getting out of date,

we have i386 port and nobody has an issue with 2 decades old name.

>  or be confusing because other ports might be v7 as well

There might be a big-endian port, but I find it very unlikely we would
make another port baselined on armv7.