Re: sheevaplug: detect disks failure

* Christoph A. <casmls@gmail.com> [2010-07-06 23:59]:
> I'm trying to install debian (stable or testing) on a sheevaplug, but
> both fail to detect the 'disk' - see attachment.
>
> Is there a way around that problem?

There are two major bugs right now:

http://bugs.debian.org/587570
http://bugs.debian.org/586404

One results in the error message about the disk not being detected.
But simply ignore this message and choose "continue with no disk
drive".  Then go into the partitioner and you'll see the disk.

The other bug is that some screens will be _very_ slow, i.e. delays of
up to 3 minutes.

But apart of these issues, the installation should work fine.  You
just have to be patient.

I'll add a note to my web page.
--
Martin Michlmayr