Re: the mangling of ‘va_list’ has changed in GCC 4.4

(Please Cc: me on replies, as I'm not subscribed to the debian-arm list)

Hi,

the changed mangling of va_list also causes problems when building psi:

In function `XMPP::Task::debug(char const*, ...)': xmpp_task.cpp:(.text+0xb9c): undefined reference to `QString::vsprintf(char const*, std::__va_list)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [psi] Error 1

(From https://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?pkg=psi;ver=0.14-1;arch=armel;stamp=1263460787)

AFACT this happens because qt is compiled with gcc-4.3, and the buildd
tries to compile psi with gcc-4.4.

In this case, I can just remove the use of QString::vsprintf (it's
only used in some debugging code), but I wonder if there is a more
general solution, as this may affect other packages as well?

Regards,
Jan