Re: Disk LEDs on the SS4000e

Mark Clarke <mark@jumpingbean.co.za> writes:

> Hi all,

Hi,

> Does anyone know if the disk leds on the ss4000e are supposed to work
> with squeeze? Mine don't. Can't tell if the disks are busy synching or
> if the device is frozen as I can't ping or ssh. I remember with the
> original firmware it was unresponsive too but then the disk leds at
> least told you someone was home.

You may want to patch your kernel with theses patches :
http://git.rtp-net.org/?p=ss4000e.git;a=blob;f=f75111.patch;h=facac5f0850df161a51682a64c30aeca4a39f159;hb=HEAD
http://git.rtp-net.org/?p=ss4000e.git;a=blob;f=add_f75111_pdata.patch;h=108c4853a7f2b76ce76a2fbd5cb1f14d61d5beb5;hb=HEAD

I've not tested them recently as my ss4000e is in use but it should work.
Theses patches will create some files in /sys/class/leds/ (when driver
loaded). You'll then have to write a tool to enable or disable the
needed leds. As regard then disk leds, one only need to enable the leds
if a disk is there as the hardware is responsible to make them blink on
disk i/o.

Arnaud