ARMv4-support in armel/squeeze?

Hi,

there's an ARMv4 based box running Debian lenny, I'd like to upgrade
to squeeze. As the system doesn't boot a newly created armel file
system ("Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!" after
rootfs has been mounted) I was wondering whether this CPU
is still supported.

Now reading the wiki over and over again I become more and more
confused:

* According to <http://wiki.debian.org/ArmEabiPort>:

| Arm will be dropped in etch+2, assuming that the above gcc changes
| to support armv4 CPUs in armel prove practical. If we cannot support
| armv4 in armel then arm will remain around until we drop
| v4/StrongARM support, i.e. the port falls into general disuse.

As arm has been dropped in squeeze => YES

* According to <http://wiki.debian.org/ArmEabiProblems>:

| nwutil: Hardware utilities for NetWinder hardware, based on the
| StrongARM SA-110, which is armv4 and hence not supported in armel.

=> NO

Which of these documents need an amendment?

    Christoph