Re: How to save the original zImage and ramdisk.gz of an Intel NAS SS4000-E.

Re,

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 10:13:33PM +0100, H wrote:

> > Then, somewhere near the end of the install, before running
> > flash-kernel,
>
> Thanks, this looks like an interesting alternative approach, though a
> bit scarier to me as I'm not familiar with the procedure (not sure where
> exactly to interrupt the script and such.)

It's really not difficult at all : just a matter of starting a shell
in the context of the installer, with a menu entry provided especially
for this.

When finished, you close the shell with Ctrl+d and return back to the
installer.

Hih,

--

JFS.