Re: Seeking machines for nightly builds of ITK

On Aug 18, 2010, at 05:31, John Winters wrote:

> On 16/08/10 05:11, Steve M. Robbins wrote:
>> On Tue, Aug 03, 2010 at 02:40:15PM -0400, Hector Oron wrote:

>>> Might be http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/CompileFarm helpful for you?
>>
>> Thanks for the pointer.  However, what I need is a Debian machine
>> running unstable that is kept reasonably up-to-date; i.e. the packages
>> are updated to lastest in unstable at least every 2 weeks.
>>
>> The GCC compile farm doesn't appear to provide me that.
>
> I can let you use a SheevaPlug which meets your requirements.
>
> I've done a test build on it and a complete build takes about 23 hours,
> almost all of it CPU time.  It isn't i/o limited and hardly swaps at all
> - it just sits there with the CPU at 99.x% user mode for hour after
> hour.  One link operation alone took over an hour of solid CPU usage.
>
> It's there if you'd like to use it, and it isn't doing anything else.

I had the good fortune of receiving a NVidia Tegra 2 board at DebConf.
I have promised to make this into a porter box once I figure out how
to get things up and running. I'm still on vacation, such as it is, and
won't be home until the end of August so perhaps the other options
are better for you, but I hope to announce the availability of this board
sometime in the fall.

Warm regards,

Jeremiah