Re: d-i slowness on QNAP TS-209

* Marcus Better <marcus@better.se> [2010-06-21 10:13]:
> But actually on this third or fourth attempt it was much snappier,
> with no abnormal delays in partition setup. The only difference is
> that I am configuring a much smaller LVM now than on previous
> attempts (5 GB instead of the whole 2 TB). Yesterday I had to wait
> 1-2 minutes after configuring each mount point.

Do the delays also happen before you set up the RAID or only afterwards?
I wonder whether the RAID is syncing and makes the machine go slow.
That's the only explanation I can think of right now.

Also, can you check with "ps" whether there are any processes that use
up a lot of cpu or memory?

In any case, please send the above desription of the problem to
debian-boot@lists.debian.org since -boot has more people who can help
debug debian-installer issues.

--
Martin Michlmayr