Re: ARM BoF at DebConf

Hello,

2010/6/9 Daniel Kahn Gillmor <dkg@fifthhorseman.net>:
> Both you and Hector Oron submitted ARM BoF-type events, but they were
> submitted well after the submission deadline, so they won't even be
> reviewed for submission into the published schedule.  (i'm currently the
> point person for the schedule for some reason).

True, I requested a slot (after one irc line discussion with Riku) at
debconf, but it was too late. I wanted to make an announcement here,
but as we have not a reserved slot, i was conservative regarding such
point.

It would also be nice if we could discuss a little agenda on what
people it is motivated to devel/maintain/qa/test/v&v on.

There is also at least one hardware vendor (genesi-usa.com) which
might be giving away some free (as in beer, sadly, not as in speech)
hardware (efikamx) based arround i.MX51 cores. I also requested an
slot to give away such hardware to interested developers and show a
little how to play with it with Debian tools.

I think it would be good to discuss how to better use such hardware
for Debian and Genesi interests, vendor is not interested in giving
away hardware which just goes directly to the drawer. But beware there
is not yet a 100% agreement on it.

Cheers,
--
 Héctor Orón