Re: John Holland's eSATA support for the Sheevaplug

* Rob Holland <rob@the-it-refinery.co.uk> [2010-05-18 11:13]:
> Does anyone know when John's eSATA work is likely to be in Squeeze?
>
> Last reference I can find is:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-arm/2010/02/msg00140.html
> from which I inferred the stuff would have landed by now, but it hasn't.

The problem is that I applied the eSATA patch in version 2.6.32-10,
the "Big Bang" release, which broke a lot of things.  I believe things
have stabilized quite a bit in the meantime, though.

I just aked on IRC and was told that the latest blocker was #572618,
which was fixed in the kernel upload done yesterday.  So hopefully the
kernel will move to squeeze soon and then we can update the installer.

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/