Re: Squeezebox Radio

On Mon, 2010-04-05 at 07:51 +1000, Matthew Palmer wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 04, 2010 at 07:10:31PM +0200, Marcus Better wrote:
> > So the natural question is: how can I put Debian on the thing?
>
> With 128MB of flash, I'm not sure if a useful Debian installation will fit.
> If it doesn't have USB expansion, chances are you're out of luck.  You'll
> probably have more luck with emdebian, but I don't follow that project
> particularly closely.

I've got emdebian running on a sheeva eSATA plug and the flash contains
an ubifs. The system reports using 51% of the available flash space.

I'm running mysql, full exim3, spamassassin, apache, trac, subversion,
bind and dhcpd out of ro-flash.

FYI the device has 512MB Flash and I've got /var, /home and swap mounted
from a eSATA HDD.

--
John Holland

Cellent Finance Solutions AG

Firmensitz: Calwer Straße 33, 70173 Stuttgart
Vorstand: Thomas Wild
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Rudolf Zipf