Re: Net booting iop32x with RedBoot

tsuraan <tsuraan@gmail.com> writes:

Hi,

> I'm trying to get my iop32x-based storage device to boot to a debian
> installer.  I've downloaded the various files from
> http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/dists/squeeze/main/installer-armel/current/images/iop32x/netboot/,
> but attempting to load them in the RedBoot prompt gives me these
> errors:
>
> RedBoot> load initrd.gz
> Using default protocol (TFTP)
> Unrecognized image type: 0x8088b1f
> RedBoot> load n2100.bin
> Using default protocol (TFTP)
> Unrecognized image type: 0xa8d315c6
> RedBoot> load ss4000e.pkg
> Using default protocol (TFTP)
> Unrecognized image type: 0x37333138
> RedBoot> load vmlinuz-2.6.30-2-iop32x
> Using default protocol (TFTP)
> Unrecognized image type: 0xe1a00000

There's no header usefull to RedBoot in all theses files. One needs to
add more parameters. For instance :

load -v -r -b 0x01800000 -m tftp /initrd.gz
load -v -r -b 0x01008000 -m tftp /vmlinuz-2.6.30-2-iop32x

For details about the parameters, see :
http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/redboot/download-command.html

Before doing that, you have to make sure that:
- network is enabled and working by pinging it from an other system (you
may have to use the ip_address command).
- the addresses used are the right ones (look at the boot logs, they
should appear in it).

Once you've looked at that and loaded initrd/kernel, use the exec
command to boot your system.

Arnaud