Netgear STORA-New ARM hardware

      Hello:

This is my first message on the list, I am the owner of a Netgear Stora, a 2 bay SATA cheap afordable home NAS device.

      The hardware specification are:

      -2 SATA bays.
      -1 GB ethernet port
      -1USB port
      -ARM CPU
                     Processor    : ARM926EJ-S rev 1 (v5l)
                     BogoMIPS    : 992.87

       -128Mb of RAM
      -220Mb of flash Storage
      -ventilator
      -LEDs power, disk1, disk2

Official page: http://www.netgear.com/Products/Storage/Stora/MS2110.aspx

The default setup don't allow direct hacking of the unit but you can press the reset button on startup and boot a tftp, NFS root mounted custom system, and then modify the filesystem.

At the moment, there is no solution too boot a full opensource solution (kernel, uboot, drivers for leds, etc.) , but There are efforts to port specific propietary hardware drivers (only the ventilaotr, leds and buttons). It si posible to root a chrooted Debian on it , I did it with a debootstrap with armel arch.

If you are interested on this machine there is an active community on: http://hardwarehackersunite.com/

When the specific apps need to run specific hardware, I will be interested on install Debian on it.

Is there a way to request for official support on Debian arm? Is there any place to talk about new devices?

      Best regards
      Damià