Re: debian install for KURO-SHEEVA

On 10.12.2009, at 01:54, "東 政一" <azuma-mk@mb.meidensha.co.jp> wrote:

HI!
I bought a KURO-SHEEVA released recently.

It is added  one esata port to the Original SHEEVA-PLUG.
By using SD card 128mb, I  installed the debian squeeze according to
http://www.cyrius.com/debian/kirkwood/sheevaplug/install.html

But at the disk detection stage of the installation, a external disk (500gb)

connected via esata port was never detected.

Being that the eSATA specification does not support powering disks (power eSATA is something else), connected devices must be powered seperately.

I  think  the esata driver will be included in the base-installer.

Could you drop down into a shell and list the attached pci devices?

$ lspci -vv

Possibly, a different discrete PCI eSATA chip than that in the QNAP TS-219P is being used. If this holds true, you may require another eSATA kernel driver than the one supplied with the default debian distribution.

Please give me the suggestion for the solution.

BEST REGARDS,
MASAKAZU AZUMA