New kernel not fully installed on Sheevaplug

Hello again (sorry Martin),

My Sheevaplug announced a couple of days ago that new kernel packages
were ready, so I left it until the weekend in case there were further
problems.

I just did an apt-get dist-upgrade and the packages were downloaded and
installed, but they don't seem to have been fully installed.  That is,
uImage and uInitrd are unchanged and I'm still running on the previous
kernel.

john@sheeva:~$ uname -a
Linux sheeva 2.6.30-1-kirkwood #1 Mon Aug 17 14:01:54 UTC 2009 armv5tel
GNU/Linux
john@sheeva:~$

I'm not sure whether this is right or not because there seem to be two
possible sources of kernel.  I have the following in /etc/apt/sources.list

deb http://mirror.sinodun.org.uk/debian/ lenny main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ lenny main contrib non-free

deb http://security.debian.org/ lenny/updates main contrib non-free
deb-src http://security.debian.org/ lenny/updates main contrib non-free

deb http://volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile lenny/volatile main
contrib non-free
deb-src http://volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile lenny/volatile main
contrib non-free

# Orion repository
deb http://people.debian.org/~tbm/orion lenny main

and the packages which apt-get said it wanted to install anew were:

  linux-image-2.6-kirkwood linux-image-kirkwood

The actual versions downloaded were:

Get: 1 http://people.debian.org lenny/main linux-image-2.6.30-2-kirkwood
2.6.30-8 [14.8MB]
Get: 2 http://people.debian.org lenny/main linux-image-2.6-kirkwood
2.6.30+21 [2658B]
Get: 3 http://people.debian.org lenny/main linux-image-kirkwood
2.6.30+21 [2646B]

and they seem to have thought that they were successfully installed, but
they don't seem to have supplanted the existing kernel.  Is this right
or not?

Cheers,
John