Re: any objections from port maintainers to make gcc-4.4 the default?

Matthias Klose a écrit :
> Besides the open license issue, are there any objections from port maintainers
> to make GCC-4.4 the default?
>
> As a first step that would be a change of the default for C, C++, ObjC, ObjC++
> and Fortran.

Please note that building glibc with gcc-4.4 on armel shows an important
regression, the resulting libc.so.6 is non-PIC. I haven't been able to
reproduce it with other programs though.

I don't think it should prevent the switch to gcc-4.4, but we should
probably pay more attention to the binaries built after the switch.

--
Aurelien Jarno                          GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73