Re: apex-nslu2 error

* Gordon Farquharson <gordonfarquharson@gmail.com> [2009-09-17 08:14]:
> Thanks for the information. I think I know what is going on. egrep is
> not finding a match (i.e. all lines contain "*=") and so is returning
> 1

I ran some tests too and I don't think egrep not finding a match is the
problem.  egrep will return 0 if there's no match, but it will return
1 if there is _no input_.

So the next question is: is it valid for apex-env not to display
anything, and I think the answer is no (since there should always be
some kind of default configuration).  So my next question is: how does
this machine boot without an APEX config?

Al: what does "cat /proc/mtd" say?  Maybe it's a very old installation
without APEX?  But, no, that cannot be either because flash-apex
checks for the "Loader" partition (i.e. APEX).

Al: did you change APEX on this machine manually in the past?

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/