Re: Debian Installer for armel ss4000-e

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 06:28:40PM -0500, Tom Judge wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been trying to use the daily image for the armel installer on
> my ss4000-e but running into some issues.
>
> When I try to upload the .pkg image file to the web interface it
> always gets to about 15% then stalls and reboots.  After the reboot
> the system always comes back with the intel firmware.

Bad. I must say I hadn't been able to test that part very much, so this
is not good news; it may mean that the .pkg file generation is broken.

> I have the serial console connected at 115200 bps (cu -s115200
> -lttyS0) using a standard serial connector and null modem cable and
> never get anything but junk on the console.

Hrm. I said that the machine was set to 115200, but that was based on
the observation from one particular machine -- certainly not on
documentation or something. It might be that this is not standard
behaviour.

You could try using other baud rates; if you get junk, that usually does
point to incorrect baud rate.

trying to fool the system.