Re: Bricked my SheevaPlug?

On Jun 18, 2009, at 5:22 PM, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 04:46:49PM -0400, Rick Thomas wrote:

I can "connect" to the console port with cu from a close-by Linux box.
But it never says anything.

How can you tell that you actually connected and got the right terminal
definitions? Did those work before?

Well... I do

	cu -s 115200 -l /dev/ttyUSB1

which is what I've always done -- and has always worked before.

cu prints "connected" which indicates that it is seeing the equivalent of what with RS-232 would be DSR asserted (USB is different, I know...)

But when I hit <cr> or otherwise bang on the keyboard, I get nothing. I would expect to see "Marvell>>" at least, but... nothing.

And no little blue light. Anybody know what turns that on? At what stage of the initialization process should I expect to see it?

Thanks!

Rick