Re: Debian 5.0 (lenny) tar ball for the SheevaPlug - USB install

On Wed, 17 Jun 2009, Rick Thomas wrote:
On Jun 17, 2009, at 8:18 AM, John Hughes wrote:
Rick Thomas wrote:
On May 12, 2009, at 3:39 AM, John Hughes wrote:
Rick Thomas wrote:
Next: (when they release a version that supports both of the on-chip ethernet ports) I plan to replace my home router/firewall/IPv6-tunnel-endpoint with a Debian shivaplug.
I think you want the "openrd" http://globalscaletechnologies.com/t-openrdcdetails.aspx

Can it be used with Martin Michlmayr's tarball for the SheevaPlug? If not, what Linux ports will it take?
I have no idea - someone just mentioned it on plugforum. (http://plugcomputer.org/plugforum/)

Martin, do you know if your tarball will run on the OpenRD Client machine?

Well, the processor for the sheevaplug and the OpenRD are the same, and the basic system arch is the same chipset, so I do not see why not. I emailed globalscale but no response yet.
--
steve