Re: ARM kernel snapshots - 2.6.30-rc8

Hello Martin,

On Monday 15 June 2009, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * John Holland <john.holland@cellent-fs.de> [2009-06-11 21:53]:
> > Does anyone know if and when Marvel is planning kernel support for the
> > hw crypto block?.
>
> Sebastian Andrzej Siewior, who has been working on this, posted some
> initial patches a few days ago;

thats are good news. I'm using a crypted partition on my qnap 209 - thus I
have to live with about 800 KB/sec which is enough for streaming mp3 but very
annoying for backups (and video streaming does not work at all).

> see
> http://lists.arm.linux.org.uk/lurker/message/20090611.140316.c7283f8a.en.ht
>ml and other messages by him.

So here comes the beginners question: what shall I do to use this feature? How
do I build a kernel for my qnap containing these patches? Is there some qnap-
specific documentation or should I follow the debian howtos?

Mathias