re: Importing SheevaPlugs into the UK

>Was wondering if anyone on here had imported a sheevaplug into the UK yet?
>
>Wanting to know if you got charged vat/import tax/any other extra costs? As I was considering (changing) sending it to a place of work rather than my personal address..

I don't have any experiance with the sheevaplug in particular but here is some general info.

Officially they are supposed to charge you VAT if it's over a certain threshold (£18 IIRC) and customs duty if it's over another higher threshold (I don't remembers how high) . In practice that won't always be the case. Sometimes senders lie about the value of thier packages and sometimes packages just seem to slip through even with correct declarations. If VAT or duty is charged the carrier will almost certainly charge a handling fee as well.

My educated guess given the sheevaplugs size and value is that you probablly will get charged for importing a sheevaplug from a reputable vendor in the USA.