Re: Need help debugging arm application.

> unfortunately the download link on the website is invalid (
> http://simplemachines.it/tools/gcc-4.3-crunch_4.3.3-20090322_armel.deb
> )

Thanks for pointing that out. However there's little difference
between that and the 20090319 version (see the changelog), and unless
your application is FP-intensive I'd recommend sticking with the
standard compiler anyway.
I have yet to find out which, if any, components of X and gtk+ make
extensive use of floating point, if any.

> I also tried to set 3 in /proc/cpu/alignment . While the crash don't seems
> to happens in the same time, I once had this line printed out with dmesg:
> Alignment trap: tmg-arm (1233) PC=0x0010ee78 Instr=0xe5932000
> Address=0x0000000f FSR 0x013

That's the kernel trapping and fixing up a misaligned access in your
program, so I guess there's your answer.
If you set "alignment" to 5, the process will get a SIGBUS and at the
instruction that performs the misaligned access. Under gdb you should
be able to pinpoint the offending code.

If that turns out to be in a Debian armel package, a bug report is in order.